The Best Resources To Grow Your Interior Design Business
Next We Have The Best Tools, Books And Websites That I Heart Mucho
Trying to find business resources that are actually helpful (and free) can be trying. Leading you to become a drunken wino- but it doesn’t have to be that way.
- Bluehost | Been a customer many, many years. Pretty good place to get your domains at and to host your Wordpress website.
- Squarespace | Hands down, the easiest way to design a beautiful website.
- Backup Buddy | A must for your WordPress website if your host doesn’t do it automatically for you. (WordPress Only)
- ConvertKit | This is what I use to send out my emails. It's easy to use and you can try free for 30 days.
- SendOwl | I have used SendOwl to get paid for my services and digital products. The money goes straight into my account, it’s way easy to use.
- JetPack | Easy to understand stats and a few other goodies (WordPress Only)
- WPCurve | For just $79 (at the time of this writing) they will do unlimited small tweaks on your Wordpress website.
- Sumome | Awesome tools to grow your email list easily on your website and also see what people are really doing on your website.
- Gravity Forms | This was one of the best investments we have ever made. Use it for your client questionnaires, contact forms, any type of form that you want to look super awesome! (WordPress Only)
- OptIn Forms | Create email list opt in boxes for the bottom of every page and post.
- Tweet Old Post | Get more life out of those old blog posts, this automatically tweets out old blog posts for you (WordPress Only)
- Shareaholic | Cool sharing and related post plugin all in one
- Testimonials | Share your glowing testimonials from your clients that rotate to show the next automatically (WordPress Only)
- Buffer | Great tool to post to a bunch of different places.
- Post Planner | To make it easy for me to schedule and find new things to post on my Facebook page.
- Hootsuite | Keep track of Twitter conversations, mentions and messages with Streams
- Share As Image | Find text on the web, quotes you love, highlight and click your Share As Image bookmarklet to create a cute image on your social networks. You can include your logo, too.
- Trello | Online Project management that's awesome
- Pocket | Find stuff on the web to read later, save it with their bookmarklet
- Screencast-O-Matic | What I use to record my videos of me teaching straight from my desktop
- AllTop | Interior Design Blogs curated in one spot Tip: Add your blog feed for more traffic.
- LastPass | Keep track of all those passwords
- Blog Title Generator | Type in your topic and find intriguing blog titles to use
- Evernote | Keep track of every piece you source in your design projects
- Moo | I just love their mini business cards
- Zoom | Host video meetings, conference calls and record them from inside this easy to use service.
- Fiverr | Need a quick job done dirt cheap? From graphic design to transcription, there’s lots of help there
Books You'll Love
- The 50th Law | This books helps you get over the fear to succeed
- Ask. | Learn what your clients really want from you by... asking!
- Think & Grow Rich | A classic that every designer should read to change your thoughts about success
- Business & Legal Forms for Interior Designers | All sorts of forms and contracts to use in your design business
- Value Based Fees | Learn how much to charge your clients
- The Motivation Manifesto | A great book to get you motivated and living a purposeful life