As she was talking to me she began to tell me about that advice I gave that really inspired her. I'm not sure what it was that she was referring to, because I had never met this woman.
These times happen so often and they are magical every time they do happen.
So often you put yourself out there online and think no one gives a shit. No one knows you even exist. Except for maybe your mom.
And then someone reminds you of the piece of advice you gave them. Through your "newsletter".
That is the power of growing an email list and why I want to share some tips with you on how to get more email subscribers.
- Pimp yourself. If you've made an awesome freebie to entice people to sign up to your email list, then you gotta to get your freebie street side. Make yourself a fabulous Pinterest size image and pin that bad boy.
- Get honest. Whether it's in person, on video or through writing, people can feel when you're honest. People are craving a connection with others so they can say "me, too". Give them that.
- Be consistent. If you had a boring week and you can't even make your dentist cleaning appointment a fun story, share a blog post. You can share an old blog or a new one. Just make sure you're sending an email on the same day (hopefully weekly) to your peeps.
- Tell a story. Stories are what we connect with. You've got hundreds of stories inside of you that people would love to hear. Remember that time you were at a client's home for an initial consult and another designer showed up at the same time like it was an audition for American Idol? Was that just me? Share those stories.
- Give them more than a blog post. So you write this epic blog post about window treatments. People come from miles around on the interwebs super highways to read it. Then they leave. That's super sad, but sometimes that happens because they saw your freebie offer and it didn't apply to their life at that time. That awesome post that brought them in though? It makes them super excited so give them a bit more... if they sign up for your newsletter. Curious about how to and what to send? I've got a Masterclass in the Society that will show you everything you need to know. Join us!
I know that creating and growing an email list for subscribers seems like a complete waste of time if you think no one is reading. They will read and they will subscribe if you follow my tips on how to get more email subscribers.